Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Pope and Islam

" It's not the dying for a faith that is so hard- every man of every nation has done that- 'tis the living up to it that is difficult"----------- William Makepeace Thackeray

About a week ago the Pope orated a sermon where he Quoted the Bysintine Emperor Manuelo, who had some thoughts on the state of Islam at that time. That time was several centuries ago, and yet these words have stirred up the ignorant masses of Muslims who have no idea of what they are protesting. They just follow the lead of radical imams, and protest because they see it as an insult to their faith. Instead of rational discourse, they choose to act like infants.
What is truly surprising to me is the reaction of the Western nations, who first sought to explain what the Pope said, then began to distance themselves from his remarks in a show of cowardice that makes them look distinctly French.
In the west, where there is still ostensibly civilization, as well as the freedoms that go with a truly civilized society, we have the freedoom of speech, but we are being muzzled by the infantile rants of back-country nomads that haven't discovered plumbing yet. This is ridiculous, and I for one will say anything I wish to- if there is any muslim that takes offense, that's too bad. I AM AMERICAN. I will say what I will, and nobody can tell me otherwise. I f I choose to mock Mohamed, I shall. If I choose to take my government to task, I shall do that also, and noone shall tell me otherwise. I would laugh in their face.
The Islamic countries need to grow up and mature, for right now, they are looking like they need a spanking, or, as the liberals would have it, a time out. The one thing they do not need is nuclear weapons. Are the French insane? Would they give their children loaded pistols to play with? I think not, and yet they shrug their shoulders and say that it is not a big deal.
How wrong they are, but then they have been wrong on virtually every issue since the first World War, and we have had to pull their asses out of the fire every time. Yet they have no memory, and certainly no gratitude. Pitiful.
Then you have Hugo Chavez------I shall save him for another time- suffice to say that he has trashed Venezuela. I know, for I know people from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home