Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bill Clinton and Islamo-Facism

I have to shake my head at most of the people who seek to be President- I sure wouldn't- because these people, by and large, are seriously flawed. I am secure in my manhood, so I guess that I wouldn't qualify or care enough to subject either my family or myself to the endless probing the press would do in hunting the one scintilla of information to bring me down, because that is what the press do. I will do a column on the press in the future- I have plenty on my plate just talking about the fallibility of the types of people who wish to be president.
It seems to me, from the observations I have made over the years, that there are two basic types of politicians in this world. There is the business politician, who knows that the economy flows smother when you say one thing, and do that one thing. Perhaps he is wrong, but at least he keeps his word, and the economy keeps going. Maybe it goes slower, if the policies aren't right, but everybody knows that it IS going.
Then there is the Idealist politician, who can ( and often does) go in whatever direction seems expedient to his or her advantage. Beware of this one however, as they will take you in any direction, indeed switch directions at the drop of a hat, just to make themselves seem good. The classic example of this is Jimmy Carter, a president whose failed economic policies were SO disastrous that words had to be invented to even begin to describe this mess. Does anybody remember " Stagflation"? I am not saying that he wasn't well-intentioned, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and we were well on the way there. Luckily, we were rescued by an ACTOR An actor, for God's sake.
I like Ronald Reagan for what he did, which was made us feel better about ourselves. It was a balm we sorely needed afteer Nixon, Ford, and then Carter. I mean, God bless him for the fall of the Wall, and of communism, but the most important thing he gave us was a small shot of self confidence.
George Bush is someone I have respect for, even if I at times disagree with some of his policies. He didn't ask for 9/11, and he has dealt with it as best as he could, given the fragmented state of our intel community. That is where I find fault, for if a President acts because of intel that is not timely and accurate, it is not his fault, it is the bureaucracy that provides that intel.
The problem I have with Clinton was not the blow jobs he got- it was the lies and obfuscations he made about it. We are the American people, not his wife, and if he is in front of a grand jury, we expect him to tell the truth, just as we (the People) are supposed to. If he had, he might have weathered this much better. Now, he is a joke, no matter what else he does( see Jimmy Carter).
The problem as I see it, is that Clinton was slow to act when he had the chance to kill bin laden, so the terrorist got away. He, like so many liberals, still think that this terrorist problem is a law-enforcement problem. Nothing could be further from the truth. The plain fact is that this is a war problem, and when terrorists are found, they need to be shot and left where they lie. They do not need to be given a forum in which they can rant about their twisted, perverted, heathen faith( for it IS heathen if it seeks to kill innocent women and children, plain and simple.) Just KILL them. How hard can that be? If you kill enough of them, they WILL get the message.
I know, we are supposed to be a nation of compassion, but you give compassion where it should be given, and that is NOT for people who want you, your family, and your country DEAD. These people have lost their right to live, and they are a danger to all, including their own people.
Much as you would do to a rabid dog, you shoot these people, and go on with your life, secure in the knowledge that you have done mankind a service, and saved countless others who ARE deserving of life.
It is not a law-enforcement problem, it is an animal- control problem, and we must solve it soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home